- Anytime you get the chance to walk across the bridge over the Guadalquivir, do it. Even if it makes your walk longer the views are worth it.
- Always eat gelato. “Puedo probar”… means “Can I try…(insert any flavor here)”. It is your go to starter phrase to finding your favorite flavor. I️ would recommend the Oreo from Abuela, a chain gelato place found all around the city center. Or my personal favorite and the best place to get homemade gelato Créeme. A family run business with freshly made gelato, original flavors from all natural ingredients. Créeme is located beside Plaza Musesa.
- If you happen to be eating Créeme on a Sunday morning, you will find that Plaza Musea has a free local art market every Sunday morning. Local artists from Seville present all types of artwork that are available to buy or to enjoy looking through.
- Torre de Oro, the golden tour, is free on Mondays so feel free to check it out every week without paying.
- Sevilla is known for oranges. You will see many trees all over the streets bearing fruit, but do yourself a favor and don’t eat those. My host mom has told me it is illegal to eat them, that they are just for decoration, and that they make you sick. I am not sure which of those is true, but head to your nearest Dia grocery store and pick up a paper carton of their Dia brand OJ for less than a euro. Best orange juice I have ever had.
- Wear good walking shoes and set out to get lost in Triana, or really any neighborhood in Sevilla. Finding hidden tapas bars, flamenco street performers, and street murals while listening to the sights and sounds of Spain always leads to more adventure and culture.
The world awaits…..discover it!